TV Connect 2013: Motorola Mobility's GT-3 MBR Transcoder Creates High Quality Viewing Experiences To Any Device
According to Motorola Mobility's Fourth Annual Media Engagement Barometer, released this week, UK consumers are embracing the multiscreen home – watching content on multiple screens in different rooms. The living room TV set is still the epicenter of home content experiences – 75 per cent of Brits watch broadcast TV in the Living room. 38% are watching VOD services in the main bedroom (compared to 24% who do so globally). Tablets and smartphones are driving many of these multiscreen, multi-room behaviors. Just over 40 per cent are using a tablet or smartphone to watch content in the bedroom, while 66 per cent and 55 per cent are using tablets and smartphones in the living room respectively.
Steve McCaffery, VP and General Manager, EMEA for Motorola Mobility's Home business, said: "Consumer demand for multi-screen viewing experiences is growing as we've seen this week in our own research. We've introduced the GT-3 to allow service providers to capitalize on this demand quickly and in an energy-efficient way, allowing consumption of time-shift, live HD broadcasts and DVR recorded media anywhere in the home whilst lowering operation costs, reducing rack-space and reducing carbon footprint. For bandwidth constrained operators, this means that they can go to market with rich multi-screen services without costly network upgrades."
The GT-3 by the Numbers:
- THREE – three billion pixels of video content per second, blowing away traditional server-based MBR transcoders
- FIFTY – processing up to three billion pixels of video content every second is equivalent to nearly 50 full resolution HD programs – setting a new industry standard
- SIX – more than six times the density of legacy server-based MBR solutions and dramatic improvements over ABR hardware solutions, which means the same transcoding capability now fits into a much leaner and more efficient unit, requiring fewer transcoders to meet the demands of today's multi-screen HD and future higher-resolution content applications
- TWENTY-FOUR and SIXTEEN – support for up to 24 inputs and up to 16 output streams per input program, for flexible support of more video display devices
- BOTTOM LINE – higher processing performance and greater density equals energy efficiency and cost savings for service providers
Motorola has a long history of firsts in digital video—including digital TV and HD video services. With GT-3, Motorola is advancing the standard for video compression and leading the way for high-resolution multi-screen experiences.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV