Sao Carlos Reports Net Income Of R$ 221 Million And Revenue From Leases Increase Of 21% In 2012
SAO PAULO, March, 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sao Carlos Empreendimentos (BM&FBovespa: SCAR3), one of Brazil's leading commercial real estate investment and management companies, posted net income of R$221 million in 2012, its highest ever annual figure and 129% more than in the previous year, while adjusted EBITDA climbed by 21% to R$214 million.
Gross revenue from leases totaled R$275 million in 2012, 21% higher than in 2011, and R$70.8 million in 4Q12, an 11% year-on-year improvement. "This growth primarily reflects real increases due to renovations and leasing agreement revisions, as well as the properties acquired in the period. It is also worth highlighting the delivery of Centro Empresarial Regiao Portuaria building retrofit", explained Sao Carlos' CEO, Felipe Goes.
The year-end cash balance stood at R$365 million, representing a buying power of around R$1.2 billion, assuming a 70% leverage ratio for acquisition financing.The Company added five new buildings to its portfolio in 2012, one in Sao Paulo and four in Rio de Janeiro, totaling R$300 million, with an average stabilized cap rate of 14.2%. Given the favorable sector cycle and the liquidity offered by real estate investment funds throughout the year, Sao Carlos undertook substantial sales of mature assets totaling R$307 million: Centro Administrativo Rio Negro, in Alphaville, for R$233 million, and seven retail street stores in the state of Rio de Janeiro for R$74 million. To download the full version of our "4Q12 Earnings Release", please access our website at www.scsa.com.br/ir CONFERENCE CALL English ( March 19, 2013, Tuesday) 11:00 a.m. ( New York) 12:00 p.m. ( Brasilia)Phone: 1-412-317-6776Code: Sao Carlos About Sao Carlos Sao Carlos is one of the leading companies in Brazil's commercial real estate investment and management sector
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV