World Baseball Classic Menus Score Big At AT&T Park
SAN FRANCISCO, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to North America's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, celebrates the Championship games of the World Baseball Classic at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Now in its homestretch, The World Baseball Classic is the premier international baseball tournament, featuring the best players in the world competing for their home countries and territories. The finals, taking place now through Tuesday, will crown a 2013 World Baseball Classic Champion, but the food has been a big winner so far.
To welcome fans from around the globe to this special event, Centerplate chefs have created a special Giants-sized menu of San Francisco favorites to impress fans and satisfy appetites. So far, the most popular destinations in the park have been the replica taproom inspired by San Francisco's famous Anchor Brewery; expanded Latin and Asian menus for our international fans.
"We're really excited to showcase the best food in baseball for fans that come from all over the world to watch this championship series," said Bill Greathouse, Centerplate's director at AT&T Park. "This is our chance to treat everyone—whether they're regular guests at the Park or first-timers—to a spectacular one-of-a-kind San Francisco experience that matches the specialness of the occasion."
In San Francisco, good food with global influence is a big part of what makes the city so special. For the World Baseball Championship, Centerplate is bringing its A-Game, starring bold international flavors. Greathouse also recommends that nobody leave without trying the park's renowned Garlic Fries. Other signature items include:
- Edsel Ford Fongs: Fans can build their own rice bowl with shanghai noodles, seasonal vegetables, wok fried peppers, shitakes, chicken, Angus flank steak or fried tofu and a selection of sauces: lemongrass green curry, gingered teriyaki or a spicy honey glaze.
- Mashi's Sushi: Expanded sushi options can be found in the Spicy tuna, sesame seaweed rolls, California rolls as well as Miso Soup and Sake.
- Murph's Pub: (three locations) Named for legendary Giants Clubhouse Manager, Mike Murphy, new menu items include prawns and chips, chicken potpie and curry-dusted sweet potato fries. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Centerplate will be featuring fish and chips, carved corn beef, Irish nachos and Guinness.
- Joe Garcia's: (two locations) the home of the SF Mission-style burrito. Assembled and wrapped in the classic silver bullet presentation, each are prepared to-order from a variety of fillings. Joe Garcia's locations also serve street tacos, quesadillas, taco salads, and gorditas. Wash it all down with aqua frescas and assorted cervezas.
- Tres Restaurants: (two locations) a fan-favorite famous for grilled bacon-wrapped hotdogs topped with cheese and salsas. Fans also line up for nachos piled high with pork carnitas Paired with Negro Modelo Pacifico, and Corona.
- Orlando's Caribbean BBQ: (two locations) home of the AT&T Park signature "Cha Cha Bowl," which is almost as well know as the park's famous garlic fries. The Cha Cha bowl is a layered bowl of black beans, rice, and jerk chicken topped with house made pineapple salsa. Other Orlando's favorites include Cubano pressed sandwiches, along with the hand carved " Baby Bull" marinated tri tip sandwich.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV