March 18, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Centerplate, the largest event hospitality partner to
's premier sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment venues, celebrates the Championship games of the World Baseball Classic at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Now in its homestretch, The World Baseball Classic is the premier international baseball tournament, featuring the best players in the world competing for their home countries and territories. The finals, taking place now through Tuesday, will crown a 2013 World Baseball Classic Champion, but the food has been a big winner so far.
To welcome fans from around the globe to this special event, Centerplate chefs have created a special Giants-sized menu of
favorites to impress fans and satisfy appetites. So far, the most popular destinations in the park have been the replica taproom inspired by
's famous Anchor Brewery; expanded Latin and Asian menus for our international fans.
"We're really excited to showcase the best food in baseball for fans that come from all over the world to watch this championship series," said
, Centerplate's director at AT&T Park. "This is our chance to treat everyone—whether they're regular guests at the Park or first-timers—to a spectacular one-of-a-kind
experience that matches the specialness of the occasion."
, good food with global influence is a big part of what makes the city so special. For the World Baseball Championship, Centerplate is bringing its A-Game, starring bold international flavors. Greathouse also recommends that nobody leave without trying the park's renowned Garlic Fries. Other signature items include:
- Edsel Ford Fongs: Fans can build their own rice bowl with shanghai noodles, seasonal vegetables, wok fried peppers, shitakes, chicken, Angus flank steak or fried tofu and a selection of sauces: lemongrass green curry, gingered teriyaki or a spicy honey glaze.
- Mashi's Sushi: Expanded sushi options can be found in the Spicy tuna, sesame seaweed rolls, California rolls as well as Miso Soup and Sake.
- Murph's Pub: (three locations) Named for legendary Giants Clubhouse Manager, Mike Murphy, new menu items include prawns and chips, chicken potpie and curry-dusted sweet potato fries. In honor of St. Patrick's Day, Centerplate will be featuring fish and chips, carved corn beef, Irish nachos and Guinness.
Centerplate's specialty Latin Foods are also featured at this year's World Baseball Classic.
- Joe Garcia's: (two locations) the home of the SF Mission-style burrito. Assembled and wrapped in the classic silver bullet presentation, each are prepared to-order from a variety of fillings. Joe Garcia's locations also serve street tacos, quesadillas, taco salads, and gorditas. Wash it all down with aqua frescas and assorted cervezas.
- Tres Restaurants: (two locations) a fan-favorite famous for grilled bacon-wrapped hotdogs topped with cheese and salsas. Fans also line up for nachos piled high with pork carnitas Paired with Negro Modelo Pacifico, and Corona.
- Orlando's Caribbean BBQ: (two locations) home of the AT&T Park signature "Cha Cha Bowl," which is almost as well know as the park's famous garlic fries. The Cha Cha bowl is a layered bowl of black beans, rice, and jerk chicken topped with house made pineapple salsa. Other Orlando's favorites include Cubano pressed sandwiches, along with the hand carved " Baby Bull" marinated tri tip sandwich.
"Centerplate is proud to have a menu celebrating great Latin and
flavor for the Championship series between Puerto Rico and the
," said Greathouse. "As fans cheer on these two great teams, they can also enjoy the variety of outstanding food and beverage offerings that serve as a hallmark for a trip to AT&T Park."
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in over 250 prominent entertainment, sports and convention venues across
– annually serving over 100 million guests. Centerplate has provided event hospitality services to 30 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls, 13 Super Bowls, 21 World Series, the 2010 Winter Olympic Games, and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Last year, the company was named the fastest growing restaurant/ hospitality group in the country by Nation's Restaurant News. Visit the company online at