Furthermore, when I take next year's EPS estimate of $2.34 per share and extrapolate them over the next five years at 30% per year, I come up with a fairly large number.
When I apply what I consider to be an appropriate multiple to those future EPS forecasts, I get a five-year target price of just over $105 per share. This is still more than double where the shares are today.
In other words, I can still justify this stock from a valuation point of view.
Performance and valuation are two pieces of a three-part puzzle for me. The third piece is the stock chart. I like a good, healthy stock chart.I see very little to not like in the current three-year stock chart of Catamaran. Overall, when I compare the stock against the other 3,278 stocks that I follow, it gets an overall grade of "A-." I only like to buy "A-" stocks or better. Catamaran is one of the better large-cap stocks in the market right now. Bu, as always, stay vigilant. Clients of Gunderson Capital Management are long the stock. Data from Best Stocks Now App Follow @pwstreet This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV