Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: AGII), an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products, announced today that Mark H. Rose has joined Argo Group as chief investment officer.
“Mark brings to Argo Group a broad knowledge of markets and asset classes and has experience investing, managing and trading for a number of different financial institutions,” said Argo Group Chief Executive Officer Mark E. Watson III. “He will play a key role in shaping the strategy of our investment portfolio with the aim of creating long-term growth in shareholder value through our investment performance. We’re excited to have him on board.”
Prior to joining Argo Group, Mr. Rose served as a senior credit analyst at RBC Capital Markets. His previous experience includes trading and analyst roles at Deephaven Capital Management, Goldman Sachs & Co. and Credit Suisse First Boston. Mr. Rose graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and is a CFA® charterholder.
About Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd.Argo Group International Holdings, Ltd. (NASDAQ: AGII) is an international underwriter of specialty insurance and reinsurance products in the property and casualty market. Through its operating subsidiaries, Argo Group offers a full line of products and services designed to meet the unique coverage and claims handling needs of businesses in four primary segments: Excess & Surplus Lines, Commercial Specialty, International Specialty and Syndicate 1200. Argo Group’s worldwide insurance subsidiaries are rated ‘A’ (Excellent) by A.M. Best with a stable outlook and its U.S. insurance subsidiaries are rated ‘A-’ (Strong) by Standard & Poor’s with a stable outlook. For more information, visit www.argolimited.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV