As Vice President and Deputy of the F-35 program, Martin has been responsible for partnering with Carvalho to oversee the F-35 system development and demonstration program, transition from development to production, flight testing, and global deployment and sustainment for 13 military services in nine partner countries.
Since joining the Aeronautics business area in 2008, Martin has led the C-130 and C-5 programs, where she was responsible for all aspects of the design, delivery and sustainment of these successful aircraft programs. She also led the Flight Solutions business, where she was responsible for developing and delivering U.S. and international military aircrew training programs, including the F-35 training system. Martin began her Lockheed Martin career in 1988, after serving five years as an officer in the U.S. Air Force, and has held a number of leadership positions of increasing responsibility in the company's Electronic Systems, Information Systems & Global Solutions and Aeronautics business areas. She holds a master's degree in Computer Science from Boston University and a bachelor's degree in Computational Mathematics from DePauw University.
Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation's net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion.
SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV