Significant additional financing is needed to complete the American Centrifuge Plant (ACP). Potential sources of financing include:
- We applied for a $2 billion loan guarantee for the project under the DOE Loan Guarantee Program in July 2008. We continue to pursue a DOE loan guarantee and are planning to update the DOE loan guarantee application for the project during 2013.
- We have also had discussions with Japanese export credit agencies regarding financing up to $1 billion of the cost of completing the ACP, with such potential financing predicated on the project receiving a DOE loan guarantee.
- We also expect to need at least $1 billion of capital for the project in addition to the DOE loan guarantee and the Japanese export credit funding. The amount of additional capital is dependent on a number of factors, including the amount of any revised cost estimate and schedule for the project, the amount of contingency or other capital that DOE, Japanese export credit agencies or investors may require, and the amount of the DOE credit subsidy cost that would be required to be paid in connection with a loan guarantee. We currently anticipate the sources for this capital to include cash generated by the project during startup, available USEC cash flow from operations and additional third party capital. We expect the additional third-party capital would be raised at the project level, including through the issuance of additional equity participation in the project.
We have no assurances that we will be successful in obtaining this financing, and if successful, our ultimate ownership share of the project will likely be reduced as a result of raising equity and other capital to deploy the project. USEC issued its annual report on Form 10-K today and the report provides additional information on the company’s efforts to commercialize the American Centrifuge technology, including risks and uncertainties. The Form 10-K can be found in the Investor Relations section at www.usec.com. An informational video has also been posted on the USEC website that provides a visual update on the RD&D program. The video can be accessed at http://www.usec.com/video/american-centrifuge-investing-americas-energy-future.
USEC Inc., a global energy company, is a leading supplier of enriched uranium fuel for commercial nuclear power plants.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV