Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Financial Results
- Net loss in the fourth quarter of 2012 was $6.2 million, or $0.07 per common share, as compared to a net loss of $3.9 million, or $0.06 per common share for fourth quarter of 2011.
- Net loss for the year ended December 31, 2012 was $20.3 million, or $0.27 per common share, as compared to a net loss of $14.6 million, or $0.24 per common share, for the year ended December 31, 2011.
- Cash used in 2012 was $15.9 million as compared to $12.1 million for 2011. Cash use in 2012 included $14.7 million for operations and $1.2 million invested in patents and other long-lived assets.
- The Company generated $18.9 million in cash in 2012 from the sale of equity securities including the exercise of outstanding warrants and options.
- Cash and available for sale securities as of December 31, 2012 was $8.3 million.
The increase in net loss, for both the quarterly and annual periods, is the result of increased professional fees and increased non-cash share-based compensation expense. On an annual basis, professional fees increased approximately $2.8 million and share-based compensation expense increased approximately $2.1 million when compared to fiscal 2011. The increase in professional fees is primarily the result of increased legal fees and expenses related to our patent infringement litigation against Qualcomm.
The Company will host a conference call and webcast on Monday, March 18, 2013 at 4:30 p.m. Eastern for a discussion of its 2012 year-end financial results. The conference call will be accessible by telephone at 1-877-561-2750, at least five minutes before the scheduled start time. International callers should dial 763-416-8565. The conference call may also be accessed by means of a live webcast on our website at http://ir.parkervision.com/events.cfm . The conference call will also be archived and available for replay on our website at www.parkervision.com for a period of 90 days.About ParkerVision ParkerVision, Inc. designs, develops and markets its proprietary RF technologies which enable advanced wireless communications for current and next generation mobile communications networks. Its solutions for wireless transfer of radio frequency (RF) waveforms enable significant advancements in wireless products, addressing the needs of the cellular industry for efficient use of power, reduced cost and size, greater design simplicity and enhanced performance in mobile handsets as the industry migrates to next generation networks. ParkerVision is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida. For more information please visit www.parkervision.com . (PRKR-I) The ParkerVision, Inc. logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=7219 Safe Harbor Statement This press release contains forward-looking information. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements, each of which speaks only as of the date made. Such statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties which are disclosed in the Company's SEC reports, including the Form 10K for the year ended December 31, 2012. These risks and uncertainties could cause actual results to differ materially from those currently anticipated or projected. (TABLES FOLLOW)
|Summary of Results of Operations (in thousands except, for per share amounts)|
|Three months ended December 31,||Year ended December 31,|
|Service revenue||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0||$ 0|
|Cost of goods sold||0||0||0||0|
|Research and development||2,489||2,060||8,448||8,423|
|Marketing and selling||462||432||1,638||1,450|
|General and administrative||3,247||1,452||10,297||4,802|
|Total operating expense||6,198||3,944||20,383||14,675|
|Interest and other income and interest expense||24||32||61||102|
|Net loss||$ (6,174)||$ (3,912)||$ (20,322)||$ (14,573)|
|Basic and diluted loss per common share||$ (0.07)||$ (0.06)||$ (0.27)||$ (0.24)|
|Weighted average shares outstanding||82,887||67,358||75,999||60,039|
|Balance Sheet Highlights (in thousands)|
|December 31, 2012||December 31, 2011|
|Cash and available for sale securities||$ 8,340||$ 5,240|
|Prepaid and other current assets||977||782|
|Property and equipment, net||404||351|
|Intangible assets, net||8,978||9,004|
|Total assets||$ 18,720||$ 15,842|
|Current liabilities||$ 2,142||$ 1,363|
|Long term liabilities||57||138|
|Total liabilities and shareholders' equity||$ 18,720||$ 15,842|
CONTACT: Cindy Poehlman Chief Financial Officer ParkerVision, Inc. 904-732-6100, email@example.com or Ron Stabiner Vice President The Wall Street Group, Inc. 212-888-4848, firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV