JACKSONVILLE, Fla., March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ParkerVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:PRKR), a developer and marketer of semiconductor technology solutions for wireless applications, reported results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2012.
2012 Business Highlights and Recent Developments
- The recent Markman order, or claim construction ruling, in ParkerVision's patent infringement litigation against Qualcomm resulted in the adoption by the court of more than 90% of ParkerVision's proposed terms.
- All of Qualcomm's counterclaims of patent unenforceability due to alleged inequitable conduct have been dismissed by the court and/or dropped by Qualcomm.
- Entered into development agreement with baseband partner for the delivery and on-going support of interfaces between ParkerVision RF chips and CDMA baseband processors needed to support the adoption of ParkerVision RF chipsets into OEM's mobile handset products.
- Engaged intellectual property firms to assist ParkerVision in evaluating the current and future use of its patented technology in a variety of products and industries and in assisting the company with the exploration of additional business opportunities.
- Awarded twenty-three new patents and filed 27 new applications in 2012. As of December 31, 2012, the Company held 211 U.S. and foreign patents.
Jeffrey Parker, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, commented, "In 2012, we worked with some of the most highly regarded IP experts to better understand how the innovations we have developed and protected are enabling a wide range of wireless products across a number of industries. With this understanding we are exploring various ways of developing business relationships and revenue for ParkerVision. We also worked closely with our patent litigators as our infringement case against Qualcomm progressed through a number of key events and rulings in preparation for trial in October. The agreement we entered into with our CDMA baseband partner enables us to continue pursuing adoption of our RF chips into products designed and built by their OEM handset customers. Collectively, these activities position ParkerVision for meaningful progress in 2013."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV