MORRISTOWN, N.J., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is conducting a new electrical safety training program for emergency first responders throughout the company's northern and central New Jersey service areas. The program was announced earlier this year as part of a series of new operational practices to provide additional safety information to municipal officials about power restoration efforts during significant storm events.
The program, conducted by JCP&L safety supervisor Bill Stevenson, includes practical and important safety tips for police and fire personnel as well as emergency medical technicians when responding to downed power lines and other emergencies involving electrical equipment and facilities.
Copies of JCP&L's emergency responders' electric safety kit are distributed at each training program. The kits include:
- A video entitled "Electricity – Recognizing and Avoiding the Hazards"
- A DVD detailing JCP&L's storm restoration process
- A PowerPoint presentation and supplemental booklet for emergency responders
- Suggested guidelines for developing standard operating procedures for emergency situations when electrical facilities are involved
- A facilitator's guide containing helpful tips on effectively presenting safety training to police, fire and emergency medical technician organizations
"The emergency responders' electrical safety kit was created based on the feedback JCP&L received from emergency management and municipal officials," said JCP&L safety supervisor Bill Stevenson. "The communities we serve ultimately will benefit from this comprehensive program since first responders will be better trained to handle emergency situations involving electricity."JCP&L recently held it first emergency responder safety training program at the Monmouth County Office of Emergency Management meeting in Freehold. JCP&L is a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE). JCP&L serves 1.1 million New Jersey customers in the counties of Burlington, Essex, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, Union and Warren. Follow JCP&L on Twitter @JCP_L and Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL. Editor's Note: Photo of JCP&L emergency responder safety kit being presented to program participants is available on Flickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV