Maine Jobless Rate Little Changed In January
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) â¿¿ Labor Commissioner Jeanne Paquette says Maine's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 7.3 percent in January, little changed from December's 7.2 percent rate.
Using figures from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Paquette says an estimated 51,700 Mainers were without jobs during the month. That's down 600 from a year ago, when joblessness stood at 7.4 percent.
The U.S. unemployment rate in January was estimated at 7.9 percent, while the rate in New England was 7.1 percent.
Officials say the not-seasonally-adjusted rates for Maine's counties ranged from 6.4 percent in Cumberland County to 13.2 percent in Washington County.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV