Traders should now look for long-biased trades in GLP as long as it's trending above $35.06, and then once it sustains a move or close above its 52-week high of $37.88 with volume that hits near or above 69,672 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then GLP will set up to enter new 52-week high territory, which is bullish technical price action. Some possible upside targets off that breakout are $40 to $43.
Vocus (VOCS) is a provider of cloud marketing software that helps businesses attract, engage and retain customers. This stock is trading up 5% at $13.69 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 361,000Average Volume: 220,308 Volume % Change: 115% From a technical perspective, VOCS is ripping higher here right above $13 with above-average volume. This stock has been downtrending badly for the last two months, with shares dropping from its high of $18.03 to its recent low of $12.34. During that move, shares of VOCS have been mostly making lower highs and lower lows, which is bearish technical price action. That said, VOCS has now started to bounce off that $12.34 low and it's quickly moving within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit if VOCS manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance levels at $14.25 to $14.50 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VOCS as long as it's trending above $13, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 220,308 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VOCS will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at its 50-day moving average of $15.27 to $15.57 and $15.83. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV