Colorado Unemployment Rate Continues To Drop
DENVER (AP) â¿¿ The Colorado Department of Labor and Employment says the state's unemployment rate dropped to 7.3 percent in January from December's 7.6 percent.
The agency said Monday that employers in Colorado added 7,100 nonfarm payroll jobs from December to January for a total of 2.3 million jobs, according to a survey of businesses.
Private sector payroll jobs increased 8,200 and government jobs dropped by 1,100.
The national unemployment rate increased one-tenth of one percentage point over the same period to 7.9 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV