1. As of noon trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) is down $0.26 (-0.8%) to $33.54 on average volume Thus far, 5.7 million shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $33.09-$33.66 after having opened the day at $33.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.80. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. engages in the exploration of mineral resource properties. The company primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, silver, and other metals, such as rhenium and magnetite. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold has a market cap of $31.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 1.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the metals & mining industry could consider SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF ( XME) while those bearish on the metals & mining industry could consider PowerShares DB Base Metals Sht ETN ( BOS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts