3 Consumer Non-Durables Stocks Driving The Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Avon Products ( AVP) is up $0.10 (0.5%) to $20.20 on light volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Avon Products exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $19.66-$20.21 after having opened the day at $19.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.10. Avon Products, Inc. manufactures and markets beauty and related products. Avon Products has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Shares are up 40.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Avon Products a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Avon Products as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Avon Products Ratings Report now. It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR ( XLP) while those bearish on the consumer non-durables industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts