In October 2012, United became the first airline to offer regularly scheduled service with 180-degree flat beds in premium cabins on these routes. These aircraft also feature extra-legroom Economy Plus seating and personal on-demand entertainment throughout the aircraft.
The newly configured p.s. aircraft that United is introducing today offer a similar but expanded premium cabin, an upgraded inflight entertainment system and Gogo® inflight Internet service.
United anticipates launching more reconfigured aircraft into service in June. Until then, most flights on these routes will offer the traditional p.s. service. United expects to reconfigure the entire p.s. fleet by the end of the year. Until the project is complete, the airline will operate these flights with a mix of aircraft.
United in New YorkUnited and United Express offer more flights and more seats from the New York area to more cities around the world than any other airline. This summer, United and United Express will operate nearly 500 daily departures from the three major New York-area airports to more than 150 destinations – the most in North America, the most across the Atlantic, the most across the Pacific and the most to and from Latin America. United also offers the most flat-bed seats and extra-legroom economy-class seating of any airline in the world, and the most from the New York area. The airline offers frequent daily service from the New York-area airports to top business travel markets including Chicago, Houston, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Onboard Product Investment The p.s. enhancements come as United is investing more than $550 million in its onboard products. These improvements include:
- Adding flat-bed seating on all of the airline's long-haul aircraft, bringing the total number of aircraft with flat-bed seats to 185, more than any other U.S. carrier.
- Adding Economy Plus seating and Channel 9 air traffic control audio to more than 300 aircraft. The airline has completed the Economy Plus installation on all but two dozen aircraft.
- Nearly doubling the overhead storage space on more than 150 Airbus aircraft, with more than half of those retrofits completed.
- Installing satellite Wi-Fi, with the first satellite-equipped aircraft having entered service in January.
- Introducing streaming wireless video onboard its Boeing 747-400 aircraft.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV