CHICAGO, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today introduced its first aircraft equipped with flat-bed seats in a revamped premium cabin, all-new interiors, personal on-demand entertainment, Wi-Fi connectivity, in-seat power and USB ports on its transcontinental "p.s." Premium Service. United flight 651, the first flight with the completely new cabin experience, departed Los Angeles International Airport this morning to New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/60802-united-airlines-introduces-p-s-flights-premium-service
United offers its p.s. service on all nonstop flights between New York Kennedy and both Los Angeles, with 40 flights each way per week, and San Francisco, with 46 flights each way per week.The fully refreshed interior offers 28 flat-bed premium-cabin seats, replacing the 12 angled lie-flat and 26 reclining seats in the premium cabins on the traditional p.s. fleet. The new configuration also features 48 extra-legroom Economy Plus seats and 66 seats in United Economy. "With these investments in our p.s. service, United will offer an unmatched inflight experience for coast-to-coast travel," said Jim Compton, vice chairman and chief revenue officer at United. "As the airline with the most flights from the New York region, Los Angeles and San Francisco, we are committed to giving our customers convenient travel options and the premium service they expect from the world's leading airline." Upgraded Service and Amenities Customers traveling on p.s. flights experience a higher level of service in the air and on the ground, including amenities usually reserved for long-haul international flights. The reconfigured p.s. aircraft will offer travelers:
- New Seats: Customers in the premium cabin enjoy 180-degree flat-bed seats, which offer up to 6'4" of sleeping space and more storage.
- Inflight Entertainment: Customers throughout the aircraft have access to personal on-demand entertainment featuring a newly designed interactive touchscreen and more than 150 hours of programming. Individual monitors are 15.4" in the premium cabin and 9" in United Economy.
- Inflight Dining: United gives premium-cabin customers several dining options and wine selections recommended by Doug Frost, United's Master Sommelier and Master of Wine.
- Inflight Connectivity: Customers throughout the aircraft can opt to stay connected with Gogo® inflight Internet service. The aircraft also features power outlets and USB ports in every seat.
- On the Ground Perks: Customers in the premium cabin and premier-level MileagePlus members have access to United Premier Access check-in and priority boarding lanes. Premium-cabin customers also have access to United Club locations at New York Kennedy, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV