Cramer Quick Take: I Don't Like This Market
Check out Jim Cramer's latest trading recommendations on "Action Alerts Plus".
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer may be known for being eternally bullish, but he told Debra Borchardt at TheStreet.com Monday he thinks today's market selloff is actually a good thing.
Cramer said he's horrified when he sees markets that are soaring higher in a straight line. He said that type of parabolic move is not natural, nor sustainable. Markets are supposed to have selloffs and corrections, he added, and he doesn't care if that selling stems from the U.S. or from the island of Cyprus.
Speaking of the tiny, troubled nation, Cramer said he's left wondering, where were the regulators' in Cyprus and how could they possibly let their banks get into so much trouble? He said while many charge the U.S. lets our banks get away with anything they want, regulators in Europe are in a class all by themselves.To sign up for Jim Cramer's free Booyah! newsletter, with all of his latest articles and videos, please click here. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV