5 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Valley National Bancorp (NYSE: VLY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.30%. Valley National Bancorp operates as the bank holding company for the Valley National Bank that provides various commercial, retail, trust, and investment services. Its deposit products include savings accounts, NOW accounts, money market accounts, time deposits, and certificates of deposit. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.18. Currently there are no analysts that rate Valley National Bancorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Valley National Bancorp has been 1,159,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Valley National Bancorp has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the banking industry. Shares are up 12% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Valley National Bancorp as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 48.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $24.82 million to $36.83 million.
- The gross profit margin for VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP is currently very high, coming in at 74.80%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 18.71% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 692.16% to $88.84 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, VALLEY NATIONAL BANCORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 569.94%.
- You can view the full Valley National Bancorp Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV