3 Buy-Rated Dividend Stocks
Colony Financial (NYSE: CLNY) shares currently have a dividend yield of 6.30%. Colony Financial, Inc. operates as a real estate finance and investment company that focuses primarily on acquiring, originating, and managing commercial mortgage loans, and other commercial real estate-related debt investments. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.71. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Colony Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Colony Financial has been 773,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Colony Financial has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 18.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates Colony Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CLNY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 16.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CLNY's share price has jumped by 30.60%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CLNY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 70.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $11.07 million to $18.88 million.
- The gross profit margin for COLONY FINANCIAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.50%. Regardless of CLNY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CLNY's net profit margin of 57.79% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- COLONY FINANCIAL INC's earnings per share declined by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLONY FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $1.34 versus $1.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.34).
- You can view the full Colony Financial Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV