S&P Capital IQ's March 20 ETF Analyst Hour To Focus On Investing In Defensive Sectors
NEW YORK, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sometimes the best offense is a good defense, and this strategy may be one for advisors to consider as they build ETF portfolios for clients, according to S&P Capital IQ. On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 4:15pm EDT, the company will host the latest in its ETF Analyst Hour webinar series, titled "ETF Strategies for Playing Defensive Sectors," focusing on ways that investors can gain exposure to a handful of defensive sectors through ETFs.
The session will be led by Todd Rosenbluth, ETF and mutual fund research director at S&P Capital IQ and one of architects of the firm's proprietary ETF research and ranking methodology. Rosenbluth will provide a look at a selection of defensive sectors and will share his thoughts on:
- 2012 and YTD sector performance and scope;
- The S&P Capital IQ equity strategy team's current recommendation and outlook;
- Ways to play each sector including top ranked ETFs, including investment ideas.
"Equity markets have been on a significant run in recent weeks, but the threat of pull back remains very real, making it important for advisors to maintain some defensive, dividend-yielding positions when building portfolios," said Rosenbluth. "I'm looking forward to sharing our latest ETF investment ideas within the defensive sectors that can play key roles in portfolio construction."
One hour of CFP continuing education credit is available to attendees. Interested attendees can register here: http://tinyurl.com/ahrjb3gAnthony Hohmann, S&P Capital IQ ETF Product Manager, will moderate the discussion and provide insight on S&P Capital IQ's ETF holdings-based ranking methodology and performance to date. Following the presentation, the ETF research reports for the ETFs discussed will be available to all attendees. The ETF reports are originally published on S&P Capital IQ's MarketScope Advisor platform. Follow @spmarketscope and #ETFHour during the webinar for ETF commentary from S&P Capital IQ equity analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV