S&P Capital IQ's March 20 ETF Analyst Hour To Focus On Investing In Defensive Sectors
NEW YORK, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sometimes the best offense is a good defense, and this strategy may be one for advisors to consider as they build ETF portfolios for clients, according to S&P Capital IQ. On Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 4:15pm EDT, the company will host the latest in its ETF Analyst Hour webinar series, titled "ETF Strategies for Playing Defensive Sectors," focusing on ways that investors can gain exposure to a handful of defensive sectors through ETFs.
The session will be led by Todd Rosenbluth, ETF and mutual fund research director at S&P Capital IQ and one of architects of the firm's proprietary ETF research and ranking methodology. Rosenbluth will provide a look at a selection of defensive sectors and will share his thoughts on:
- 2012 and YTD sector performance and scope;
- The S&P Capital IQ equity strategy team's current recommendation and outlook;
- Ways to play each sector including top ranked ETFs, including investment ideas.
"Equity markets have been on a significant run in recent weeks, but the threat of pull back remains very real, making it important for advisors to maintain some defensive, dividend-yielding positions when building portfolios," said Rosenbluth. "I'm looking forward to sharing our latest ETF investment ideas within the defensive sectors that can play key roles in portfolio construction."
One hour of CFP continuing education credit is available to attendees. Interested attendees can register here: http://tinyurl.com/ahrjb3gAnthony Hohmann, S&P Capital IQ ETF Product Manager, will moderate the discussion and provide insight on S&P Capital IQ's ETF holdings-based ranking methodology and performance to date. Following the presentation, the ETF research reports for the ETFs discussed will be available to all attendees. The ETF reports are originally published on S&P Capital IQ's MarketScope Advisor platform. Follow @spmarketscope and #ETFHour during the webinar for ETF commentary from S&P Capital IQ equity analysts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV