Rating Change #6
Majesco Entertainment Company
has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO reported lower earnings of $0.11 versus $0.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 190.9% in earnings (-$0.10 versus $0.11).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 127.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.73 million to -$2.14 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -9.12% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $8.79 million or 6.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.51%.
Majesco Entertainment Company provides video game products primarily for family oriented, casual-game consumers worldwide. Majesco Entertainment has a market cap of $25.5 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 44.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
Majesco Entertainment Ratings Report
or get investment ideas from our
investment research center