PA Lottery Sells Two Mega Millions® Tickets Worth $250,000 Each
March 19 Jackpot Grows to $13 Million
MIDDLETOWN, Pa., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Two Mega Millions tickets worth $250,000 each from the March 15 drawing were sold at the following Pennsylvania Lottery retailers:
- Westmont Beverage, 1101 Clifton Ave., Collingdale, Delaware County; and
- Pathmark, 2101 Cottman Ave., Philadelphia.
Each retailer will receive a $500 bonus for selling a winning ticket.
Each winning ticket correctly matched all five white balls, 04-08-17-22-32, but not the yellow Mega Ball 08, to win individual prizes of $250,000, less 25 percent federal withholding.Lottery officials cannot confirm the identity of either winner until each prize is claimed and each ticket is validated. Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions winners have one year from the drawing date to claim prizes. Holders of winning tickets should sign the back of the ticket, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at any of Lottery's seven area offices or at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County. Claims may be filed Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at area offices and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at headquarters. More than 14,300 other Pennsylvania Lottery Mega Millions players won prizes ranging from $2 to $10,000 in the March 15 drawing. The Mega Millions jackpot for March 19 is $13 million. In fiscal year 2011-12, the Pennsylvania Lottery awarded a total of more than $376 million in prizes to winners in Delaware and Philadelphia counties. The Lottery also contributed more than $252.4 million to programs that benefited older residents of those counties. How to Play Mega Millions: Mega Millions tickets cost $1 per play. Players pick five numbers from 1 to 56 and one number from 1 to 46 (the Mega Ball). Players can pick their own numbers or have numbers randomly selected by computer. For an extra $1 per play, players can add the Megaplier. Prior to the Mega Millions drawing, the Megaplier number – ranging from two to four – is randomly selected. A player who matches five white balls and purchased Megaplier wins $1 million. Other non-jackpot prizes are multiplied by the Megaplier number drawn. Mega Millions tickets are sold in 44 participating jurisdictions. Drawings are held on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV