DEARBORN, Mich. , March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Parents play a key role in teens' decisions on safe driving. Research for Ford's Driving Skills for Life program (DSFL) shows teens tend to emulate how their parents drive.
- Traffic fatalities are the leading cause of death for American teens. There were more than 3,000 teen fatalities in 2010, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- In 2013, Ford Driving Skills for Life will reach about 200 high schools with its safe driving materials, thanks to Ford Motor Company Fund and the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA).
Traffic fatalities are the leading cause of death for American teens. In recent weeks, a number of crashes involving teen drivers have led to more than a dozen teenagers tragically losing their lives. And a recent report by the Governors Highway Safety Association ( GHSA) shows that teen driver fatalities are on the rise among 16-17-year-old drivers.
Parents can help reverse that trend. Research done for Ford's Driving Skills for Life (DSFL) program shows teens tend to emulate how their parents drive. In fact, more than three quarters of teens and tweens surveyed say they rely heavily on their parents' advice when they start to drive."By setting a good example behind the wheel, parents can increase the chances their children will adopt safe driving practices," said Jim Vella, president, Ford Motor Company Fund and Community Services. "While state laws and educational programs are critical, ultimately, parents are the most critical component to keep their teen drivers safe."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV