OVERLAND PARK, Kan., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ferrellgas Partners, L.P. (NYSE:FGP), one of the nation's largest distributors of propane, today announced that Boyd H. McGathey has been named Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer. With this promotion, which was effective March 15, McGathey assumes oversight of Ferrellgas and Blue Rhino Retail Operations, the company's Ferrell North America commodity risk management and wholesale sales business unit, and its Safety and Marketing departments.
A 20-year propane industry veteran, McGathey re-joined Ferrellgas in March of 2011 as Senior Vice President of Retail Operations. Prior to that, he was the West Division President at Inergy Propane, a role he assumed following the sale of Liberty Propane in December of 2009 to Inergy. McGathey was a Partner and served as the Chief Operating Officer for Liberty Propane. Prior to joining Liberty Propane, McGathey worked at ADT Security Services, a Tyco International LTD company.
McGathey began his career in the propane industry with Ferrellgas in 1989 and served in numerous roles including Market Manager, Area Manager, Region Vice President, and Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer before leaving the company in 2001.
"I'm thrilled to promote Boyd to the Chief Operating Officer role and to welcome him to our executive team," says President and Chief Executive Officer Steve Wambold. "He is one of the best at what he does because he simply has fun doing it. Boyd has a tenacity and drive that's difficult to match, making it easy to guess without knowing it that he's a former active duty U.S. Marine."McGathey is also active in the Kansas City area community with numerous not for profit organizations and serves as a Board member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Crime Commission. Contact: Tom Colvin, Investor Relations, (913) 661-1530 Scott Brockelmeyer, Media Relations, (913) 661-1830
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV