Old Dominion Freight (ODFL) ($37.53 vs. $35.10 on Jan. 16) -- has been downgraded to sell from buy and is below its year to date high at $37.95 set Feb. 1. My semiannual value level is $35.09 with a monthly pivot at $37.54. Time to book profits as this investment could get a fuel leak.
Union Pacific (UNP) ($141.69 vs. $131.44 on Jan. 16) -- has been downgraded to hold from buy and traded to an all-time high at $141.78 on Friday. My monthly value level is $134.01 with a weekly pivot at $141.59 and semiannual risky level at $143.14. Reduce positions on strength to the risky level.
United Parcel Service (UPS) ($85.47 vs. $79.33 on Jan. 16) -- has been downgraded to hold from buy and traded to an all-time high at $85.70 on Thursday. My semiannual value level is $80.21 with a weekly risky level at $86.30. Reduce positions on strength to the risky level.
Tomorrow I will evaluate the eight home builders I profile each month following the National Association of Home Builders Housing Market Index released this morning, and housing starts out Tuesday morning. Just beware that all eight have been downgraded since my last post on Feb. 21.At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV