athenahealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based electronic health record ( EHR), practice management, and care coordination services to medical groups and health systems, today announced that 96 percent of the company’s participating providers successfully attested for 2012 Medicare Meaningful Use Stage 1, Year 1. The company’s 96 percent attestation builds on the 85 percent rate delivered against 2011 Medicare Meaningful Use Stage 1, Year 1 and more than doubles the industry average (low 40 percent).
Jonathan Bush, CEO and Chairman of athenahealth, said, “Our Medicare Meaningful Use attestation rate is the proof in the pudding for cloud-based HIT services. This isn’t just a statistic: successful attestation represents real improvement in our client caregivers’ patient workflows, not to mention receipt of government MU incentive funds. It makes a tangible difference for our clients, which is what we work to do every day.”
The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) recently reported 12 percent of eligible Medicare providers nationwide have successfully attested to Meaningful Use.
Bush continued, “Ironically, this latest evidence of the superiority of the cloud model comes just on the heels of CMS [Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services] issuing yet another in a series of Meaningful Use program delays. While our software-based competition insists that the MU program sets the bar too high and moves too fast, our results prove otherwise. While we sympathize with CMS having to reconcile athenahealth’s average 90 percent success rate across MU Stage 1 with the persistent failures of our competitors, we are disappointed that CMS continues to prop up health information technology’s laggards. If health information technology is ever to catch up with the rest of the information economy, we cannot afford to keep hitting the brakes.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV