Market Vectors Index Solutions GmbH (MVIS - www.marketvectorsindices.com) today announced the licensing of Market Vectors Global Agribusiness Index (MVMOOTR) and Market Vectors Global Solar Energy Index (MVKWTTR) to Van Eck Global, the 5 th largest provider of exchange-traded products in the US and the 8 th largest globally. Beginning today MVMOOTR and MVKWTTR replace the previous index benchmarks of the Market Vectors Agribusiness ETF (NYSE Arca: MOO) and the Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF (NYSE Arca: KWT). MOO is currently the largest US-listed agribusiness exchange-traded fund (ETF) with USD 5.7 billion in assets under management.
“We are pleased to announce the licensing agreement with Van Eck”, said Lars Hamich, Chief Executive Officer at MVIS. “Both hard assets indices are in consistency with the high quality standards applied to all Market Vectors Indices which are specifically built for ETFs. Our pure-play methodology concept offers truly representative exposure to the respective index targets. Sophisticated capping models avoid overconcentration of constituents and offer well diversified indices. The most demanding liquidity screenings ensure that our indices are highly liquid, thus the ideal underlyings for ETFs.”
Market Vectors Global Agribusiness Index and Market Vectors Global Solar Energy Index are calculated as price and total return indices and are reviewed quarterly. Index history is available back to December 2006.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV