MoSys (NASDAQ: MOSY), a leader in semiconductor solutions that enable fast, intelligent data access for network and communications systems, today announced its new LineSpeed™ 100G Multi-Mode Gearbox integrated circuit (IC) for next-generation networking and communications systems. The high-performance gearbox serializer/deserializer (SerDes) utilizes advanced equalizer technology to deliver industry-leading performance. Exploding demand for aggregate bandwidth makes it essential to increase port density of 10G, 40G, and 100G line cards for next-generation systems. MoSys’ LineSpeed device enables high-density, low-power line cards and modules for short and extended reach data path applications.
The LineSpeed MSH310 device converts 10 lanes of serial 10/11 Gbps data into 4 lanes of serial 25/28 Gbps data or 10 lanes of 10/11 Gbps data per IEEE 802.3ba, and integrates a complete CAUI and OIF-CEI-3.0 transceiver along with a 10:4 or 10:10 multiplexer and 4:10 de-multiplexer. It supports IEEE802.3ba 100G Ethernet plus OIF-CEI-3.0 10G and 25/28G specifications.
- Gearbox functionality converts from 10 lanes (10x10-11Gbps) to 4 lanes (4x25-28Gbps)
- Supports retiming of 10 lanes of 10GbE or 2 lanes of 40GbE for card and module flexibility
- Support for 10G, 40G, and 100G IEEE and OIF standards
- Strong adaptive equalizer with multi-tap DFE and programmable transmit equalization target CEI VSR, SR and LR reach as well as copper cable and backplane applications
- Reverse polarity control for 10G and 28G inputs and outputs
- Self test capabilities, such as on chip PRBS generator, bit error rate tester, eye opening and monitoring
- Built using low-power standard CMOS technology
“The new generation of network and data center systems must support 100s of gigabits of aggregate bandwidth per line using multiple combinations of high density 10G, 40G and 100G ports,” stated John Monson, VP of Marketing at MoSys. “The LineSpeed 100G Multi-Mode Gearbox is optimized to enable these higher-density, lower-power line cards and modules as SerDes rates transition from 10Gbps to 25Gbps. When combined with the packet processing offload capabilities of the Bandwidth Engine® family of ICs, MoSys’ solutions are enabling speed, density and intelligence in the network."According to Jag Bolaria, senior analyst at The Linley Group, "Mushrooming Internet traffic and rising demand for high-speed delivery of high-bandwidth content are driving demand for 100 Gigabit Ethernet solutions. With the launch of its 100G Multi-Mode Gearbox IC, MoSys is now equipped to enable data path connectivity, speed and intelligence for 100 Gigabits per second data transmission in networking and communications markets.”