Other Key Survey Findings
- Continuous auditing was the top priority in terms of audit process knowledge in 2011 and 2012, but dropped down to #18 in the 2013 rankings.
- For audit process knowledge, auditing IT – new technologies was the third highest needs-improvement priority, and scored significantly lower than any other area evaluated with regard to existing competency.
- Concerns among chief audit executives were generally aligned with the broader sampling of respondents. However, they did rank audit process knowledge around Computer-assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) as a higher priority for improvement, compared to the overall ranking.
About the Survey
Protiviti's 2013 Internal Audit Capabilities and Needs Survey Report was fielded between September and October 2012 and respondents answered more than 130 questions in three categories: Technical Knowledge, Audit Process Capabilities, and Personal Skills and Capabilities. More than one-third of the participants work in publicly traded companies and represent virtually all industry sectors, with others working across a variety of private, government, and not-for-profit organizations. The full report is available at www.protiviti.com/IAsurvey.
Webinar and VideoProtiviti will conduct a complimentary webinar exploring the survey's results on March 28 at 9:00 a.m. PDT. The 90-minute webinar is eligible for CPE credit and will be hosted by Christensen and Michael Thor, a Protiviti managing director. Please register for the webinar at www.protiviti.com/webinars. Additionally, a video featuring Christensen discussing highlights from the survey is also available on the Protiviti website at www.protiviti.com/IAsurvey.
About Protiviti Protiviti ( www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that helps companies solve problems in finance, technology, operations, governance, risk and internal audit. Through its network of more than 70 offices in over 20 countries, Protiviti has served more than 35 percent of FORTUNE® 1000 and Global 500 companies. The firm also works with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half International (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half International is a member of the S&P 500 index.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts