CALGARY, March 18, 2013 /CNW/ - MEG Energy Corp. reports that Chief Financial Officer Dale Hohm will retire effective August 1, 2013 after serving as MEG's CFO for nine years.
"Dale has played a key role in MEG's success," said Bill McCaffrey, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Since 2004, he's been a guiding hand and strong steward for our shareholders every step of the way, from producing our first barrel of oil to playing a key role in launching one of Canada's most successful initial public offerings and our transition to a publicly traded company. Over his time with MEG, he was an integral part of securing the financing to enable the company to build both a world-class resource base and a solid balance sheet to support our future growth plans. Our track record at MEG is built on our people and Dale has been a standout contributor to the company and the industry."
During Mr. Hohm's tenure with MEG Energy, the company grew from a start-up with substantial resource holdings to a $7 billion market capitalization enterprise.
Prior to joining MEG, Mr. Hohm served as CFO for a large energy services company and held several financial executive and other senior leadership roles in the energy and public practice accounting sectors.MEG is undertaking a review of potential candidates to assume the role of CFO following Mr. Hohm's retirement. MEG Energy Corp. is focused on sustainable in situ oil sands development and production in the southern Athabasca oil sands region of Alberta, Canada. MEG is actively developing enhanced oil recovery projects that utilize SAGD extraction methods. MEG's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol "MEG." SOURCE MEG Energy Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV