In the contact information, the phone number for Lorraine Royer should read 403-613-3222 (sted 406-613-3222).
The corrected release reads:
WILLIAMS TO BUILD AND OPERATE PDH FACILITY IN ALBERTA, CANADA, TO PRODUCE POLYMER-GRADE PROPYLENE FROM PROPANE
- New Propane Dehydrogenation Facility Will Convert Alberta Propane Into Higher-Value Propylene
- Uses Propane Feedstock Primarily from Williams’ Expanding Canadian Upgrader Offgas Processing Operations as well as Expected Abundant and Low-Cost Alberta Propane
- Adds to Williams’ Expanding Canadian Propylene Supply; Expect to Expand Distribution and Sales to U.S. Gulf Coast Markets as well as Explore Development of New Alberta Markets
- Builds on Williams’ Unique Business in Canada, Creates Natural Hedge for Williams’ Propane Position
- Company Cites Environmental Advantages in Selected Processing Technology
Williams (NYSE:WMB) announced today that it has sanctioned construction of a propane dehydrogenation (PDH) facility in Alberta, Canada. The new PDH facility, the first and only in Canada, will allow Williams to significantly increase production of polymer-grade propylene from its Canadian operations. Williams is the only company in Canada currently producing polymer-grade propylene, a valuable petrochemical feedstock used in plastics manufacturing.Williams’ PDH facility in Canada will have the capability to initially produce up to approximately 1.1 billion pounds (500 kilotonnes) annually of polymer-grade propylene, with the opportunity to double capacity with a future expansion. The company estimates capital expenditures of up to $900 million CAD to be funded with expected cash flow from its Canadian operation and international cash on hand. Pending appropriate permitting approvals, the PDH facility is scheduled to go into service in the second quarter of 2016. Williams has selected Honeywell’s UOP as the vendor to provide the UOP Oleflex™ process technology for the dehydrogenation process. The technology is environmentally superior because it uses a platinum-based catalyst system, as well as less energy and water than competing PDH technologies. Williams' PDH facility will be sited in close proximity to its existing Redwater fractionation plant near Edmonton, Alberta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV