Direct General Insurance Group, a direct provider of non-standard personal auto insurance, and Guidewire Software, Inc. (NYSE: GWRE), a provider of flexible core system software to Property/Casualty insurers, announced that Direct General selected and deployed Guidewire ClaimCenter® as its new platform for claims management. Capgemini, a Guidewire PartnerConnect™ alliance member, partnered with Direct General to implement the system.
Direct General Corporation is a group of companies providing insurance and related products and services to its clients through almost 500 retail locations throughout the Southeastern United States. Direct General has deployed a new claims system that utilizes state of the art technology to support its future growth and evolving business needs.
Direct General selected Guidewire ClaimCenter as the best fit for its operational needs, based on the product’s ability to drive operational efficiencies and its technology architecture. The platform transformation was deployed to manage claims across all of the insurer’s offices in the Southeastern United States in a phased implementation approach which took less than eight months from design to go-live.
“Capgemini’s expertise in implementing ClaimCenter and their knowledge of our business made this a very smooth project,” said Jon Walters, chief information officer of Direct General. “ClaimCenter’s ‘out of the box’ functionality and application architecture really appealed to us.”“We are pleased to have had the opportunity to work with Direct General to successfully modernize their claims processing environment leveraging Guidewire ClaimCenter. Through our on-going partnership in the application maintenance and development arena, we look forward to helping Direct General drive improved business flexibility and realize the benefits associated with their claims transformation,” said John Mullen, vice president, North America Insurance business unit leader, Capgemini Financial Services. Direct General is experiencing the following early benefits with its claims transformation:
- Improved First Notice of Loss (FNOL) and claim assignment processes for reduced claims cycle times and fast, efficient customer service;
- Enhanced management visibility into claim status and performance metrics; and
- Streamlined claims management process and easier claim data capture and access due to the intuitive, user-friendly system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV