SAN JOSE, Calif., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, today announced a new portfolio of networked-attached-storage (NAS) products which run on the newly developed ReadyNAS® OS 6. These revolutionary devices are built on a custom platform designed as "storage made easy" for both the home and small to medium-sized businesses (SMB). NETGEAR also unveiled a suite of new downloadable applications for these products on the genie+™ marketplace.
With a sleek new interface and a rich set of embedded or easily downloadable applications, this NAS storage portfolio pairs the latest in performance and scalability with cutting-edge technologies such as unlimited snapshots and cloud-managed replication, which dramatically reduces any possibility of data loss. Once again, NETGEAR is taking features and capabilities previously available only from expensive, large-enterprise vendors and lowering the cost while dramatically simplifying deployment and manageability to provide users with affordable, powerful, and reliable NAS storage.
Photographs, video clips, songs, websites, email, client files, and application data on physical or virtual servers — the type of information that enriches our lives and is essential to business can seem endless. With ReadyNAS, customers finally have an advanced, easy-to-use solution for centralizing, securing, and controlling access to digital assets. What's more, cloud-based discovery and file management through NETGEAR's ReadyCLOUD™ simplifies the set-up experience and enables full ongoing management of data from any web-connected device.
"As a photographer, my images are the foundation of my various photography businesses," explains Colby Brown, professional photographer and photo educator. "ReadyNAS is a full-featured file server providing access to all my data while on the road, an easy ability to backup data while outside of the office, and the ability to collaborate with other colleagues when I am in the field. With the new ReadyNAS operating system, I don't need an entire IT department to get up and running, and the clean new interface takes all the challenges out of running effective backups of my valuable data."The latest additions to the award-wining ReadyNAS product family ( www.netgear.com/readynas) are available in three new series of desktop models and a 1U rackmount, each designed for the unique needs of home users and small to medium-sized businesses.
- The entry level ReadyNAS 100 Series (RN102xx, RN104xx) is designed for home use, and comes in two-bay and four-bay models that are offered as either diskless or populated with drives.
- The ReadyNAS 300 Series (RN312xx, RN314xx, RN316xx) is optimized for small business networks and remote or branch office needs, and offers two-bay, four-bay, and six-bay versions that are either diskless or populated with drives.
- The four-bay ReadyNAS 2120 is a 1U form factor for easy rack deployment in small data center environments and comes either diskless or populated with drives.
- The six-bay ReadyNAS 500 Series (RN516xx) offers the highest performance and is designed for small to medium sized business networks supporting up to 250 concurrent users, and also comes diskless or populated with drives.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV