DALLAS, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Expanding its broad portfolio of analog and digital power management products, Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced a highly integrated and configurable digital power management controller with 64 kB of program Flash memory for AC/DC and isolated DC/DC power supplies. The UCD3138064 allows designers to implement firmware upgrades "on-the-fly" without shutting off the power supply, reducing server downtime compared to existing solutions. For more information, visit: www.ti.com/ucd3138064-pr.
TI is demonstrating this new digital power management controller in its booth #109 at Applied Power Electronics Conference and Expo (APEC) in Long Beach, Calif.
The UCD3138064 employs a unique memory partitioning architecture that gives users the ability to simultaneously write to and execute from different portions of the on-chip memory and dynamically switch execution between the various firmware images using appropriate algorithms. This capability reduces downtime in servers and telecom infrastructure equipment.
Key features and benefits of the UCD3138064:
- 64-kB program Flash memory can support digital controller sockets in AC/DC power supplies that require greater than 32 kB of memory.
- Multiple system communication options, such as UART, PMBus™, I2C and serial peripheral interface (SPI), easily interface with multiple devices on the system, including peer controllers, power metering ASICs and external EEPROM memory.
- Supports all isolated power supply topologies, including single-phase, two-phase interleaved or bridgeless power factor correction; phase-shifted full-bridge; resonant LLC; and hard-switching full-bridge. This gives customers the flexibility to use the UCD3138064 in a variety of power designs, regardless of topology.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts