The fourth annual National Robotics Week, April 6-14, 2013, will bring together engineers, scientists, students and families to share a passion for technology and learning. Working with NASA and iRobot, the National Robotics Week Advisory Council will debut inspirational videos and content at events around the country in a push to excite the next generation of innovators about Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM). A NASA video featuring Bobak Ferdowsi, NASA’s "Mohawk Guy” and flight director for Mars rover Curiosity, along with content focusing on other NASA role models will premiere at science centers, museums and robot events across the country.
More than 125 robot events across all 50 states, Washington, DC and Puerto Rico are planned by robotics industry leaders, institutions and universities, including iRobot, Stanford University, the Chicago Museum of Science & Industry, and Michigan Robotics. According to the STEMconnector’s 2012 annual report, “Where are the STEM Students?” science and engineering occupations are expected to grow at double the rate (20.6 percent) of the overall United States labor force (10.1 percent) through 2018, making STEM education not just important for individual students but a critical path for the entire U.S. economy.
Examples of National Robotics Week events:
- Robot Zoo , Cambridge, MA (April, 13, 2013, 12 to 4 pm ET) – Representatives from iRobot, including CEO and Co-Founder Colin Angle, and the MassTLC will showcase amazing robotics technologies from over 30 New England organizations and educators.
- Robot Block Party , Volkswagen Automotive Innovation Lab, Stanford, CA (April 10, 2013, 1 to 6 pm PT) – Organized by Silicon Valley Robotics, the Robot Block Party is a job fair, robotics exhibition and celebration expected to draw over 2,000 people and more than 30 exhibitors.
- Michigan Celebrates National Robotics Week , National Center for Manufacturing Sciences/ U Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (April 15, 2013, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm CT) – Michigan, fast becoming a hub for technology growth, will host area companies to show off how the region will help shape the robotics industry.
- MSI Robot Block Party , Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, IL (April 6-14, 2013, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm CT) - The Museum is going robot crazy again and they’re inviting you to join the fun! MSI will demonstrate several robots from both the U.S. and Japan, offer lectures from top university scholars and hold special workshops and hands-on activities.
For events in your area or to list an event please visit: http://nationalroboticsweek.org/events.php“National Robotics Week celebrates the many ways robots can improve our lives — they clean homes, protect our loved ones, save lives in hospitals and perform important research throughout the Universe,” said Colin Angle, chairman and CEO of iRobot. “iRobot is proud to have been a part of the National Robotics Week initiative from the beginning and is excited to find new ways to share our passion for technology with students and educators alike.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV