Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation (Nasdaq: VTSS), a leading provider of advanced IC solutions for Carrier and Enterprise networks, introduced Intellisec™, its patent-pending, universal, lightweight security encryption technology for communications networks. Intellisec is the industry’s first technology to enable IEEE 802.1AE MACsec encryption end-to-end over any network, including multi-operator and cloud-based networks, independent of the network’s awareness of security protocols. Delivering up to 75% savings versus alternatives, Intellisec radically reduces the cost of securing network applications such as e-commerce, cloud services, enterprise, and government communications.
Recent reports on cybersecurity breaches highlight the need for critical network infrastructure protection, as Enterprises and Carriers alike move to cloud-based models. The security aspect also has implications for mobile 4G/LTE deployments and industrial networks. According to Hewlett-Packard’s recent 2012 Cyber Security Risk Report, total security vulnerabilities are rising, with mobile vulnerabilities having grown 68% from 2011 to 2012 alone and 787% over the last five years.
“Vitesse is changing the landscape of secure network communications with Intellisec technology,” said Martin Nuss, chief technology officer for Vitesse. “End-to-end network encryption is highly complex and prohibitively expensive to implement at Layer-3, while existing Layer-2 MACsec PHY solutions need encryption and decryption at every link in the network. Because Intellisec runs over MEF CE 2.0 and MPLS networks, it will work over most service provider networks with Intellisec-enabled equipment access devices or enterprise edge routers at network endpoints. This has never been done before.”
Intellisec: A Low-Cost, Scalable Cloud Networking Security Solution
- Enables MACsec Networkwide: Intellisec dramatically extends MACsec to support secure access to multiple cloud services, enabling delivery of MACsec-secured Layer-2 Carrier Ethernet services, such as MEF EVCs, MPLS L2VPNs and Data Center Interconnect, across the network. Until now, MACsec has traditionally been limited to link-based box-to-box applications primarily within cloud services data centers;
- Simple, Low-Cost, Scalable: Intellisec scales easily with the number of interfaces, delivering up to 75% cost savings compared to alternate solutions. Network installation involves a simple upgrade of the system’s physical layer components without impacting or upgrading the ASICs or network processors;
- Maintains Network Synchronization: Precision synchronization is critical to network infrastructure. Intellisec works together with Vitesse’s VeriTime™ technology to maintain nanosecond-level IEEE 1588v2 time stamping accuracy;
- Compatible Extension to Existing Technologies: Intellisec enables network link upgrades independent of the network’s awareness of security protocols.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts