Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today launched two new devices in its automotive-qualified products platform. The SC5012Q 4-channel, high-brightness LED driver for infotainment and navigation display backlighting, and the SC220Q 20MHz buck regulator with X-EMI TM Inductor Technology.
Both products extend Semtech’s broad automotive-qualified product offering, which includes solutions for power management, RF/ISM, touch interface and transient voltage protection.
“These two AEC-Q100-qualified products offer automotive electronics designers uncompromised performance and rugged dependability,” said Andy Khayat, Senior Business Unit Director for Consumer Power in Semtech’s Power Management Group. “Whether it’s display backlighting or power conversion, Semtech is committed to providing the most advanced power management ICs in fully qualified automotive grade.”
Both the SC5012Q and SC220Q are best-in-class solutions. The SC5012Q drives up to 68 high brightness 150mA LEDs and offers advanced analog/digital dimming of up to 10,000:1 ratio that gives automotive LCD displays an extended range of brightness options for varied driving conditions. The SC220Q provides high-efficiency DC-DC buck conversion while allowing designers to draw their own inductor on a standard PCB board to minimize board height and greatly reduce EMI noise. These benefits enable embedded power supplies in low profile applications like rearview mirrors and backup cameras.Key Features of SC5012Q
- Wide V IN range: 4.75V to 45V
- High V OUT range: up to 65V
- Up to 68 LEDs (17 LEDs x 4-ch) at 150mA/ch
- Ultra-wide PWM dimming range up to 10,000:1 at 100Hz
- Package: 24-pin QFN (4x4x1mm)
- V IN range: 2.7V to 5V
- Output current up to 650mA
- 20MHz switching frequency (Enables Patented X-EMI™ inductor technology)
- Packaging: SOIC, 8-pin
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts