3 rd Annual launch of The Challenge contest happens March 18 th at Globeandmail.com/thechallenge
TORONTO, March 18, 2013 /CNW/ - TELUS and The Globe and Mail today announced the launch of The Challenge , the 3 rd annual contest inviting Canadian small and medium-sized business owners to present their biggest business challenge for the opportunity to win a $100,000 grant from TELUS. Entrepreneurs across Canada are invited to submit entries at Globeandmail.com/thechallenge and will be judged by a panel that includes entrepreneurs and business experts.
"Supporting small business growth in Canada is a key priority for TELUS. This contest brings together a community of entrepreneurs to talk about their biggest pain points and receive advice from experienced business experts," said Jim Senko, vice-president of Small and Medium Business Marketing at TELUS. "As entrepreneurial spirit continues to drive the Canadian economy, we're excited to partner with The Globe and Mail for a third year in a row to help Canadian entrepreneurs reach success."
To enter the contest, entrants are asked to describe the following in an 800-word submission:
- A challenge their business is currently experiencing (200 words);
- A proposed solution to this challenge and how the $100,000 prize would help overcome that challenge (200 words);
- An explanation of the results they expect to achieve (200 words);
- A description of how their business incorporates the following values into their business: 1) community investment/commitment to charities, 2) customer service and 3) innovation (200 words);
- Chris Griffiths - Director, Fine Tune Consulting, a boutique business consulting practice, and long-time entrepreneur
- Carolyn Lawrence - President and CEO, Women of Influence
- Donna Marie Antoniadis - Co-founder, She's Connected
- Sally Daub - President and CEO, ViXS Systems
- Jim Senko - Vice -President, SMB and Enterprise Marketing, TELUS
- Hugh Johnson - Vice-President, Small Medium Business, TELUS
- Terry Brodie - Reporter and editor, Report on Small Business, The Globe and Mail
- Steve Tustin - Editor, Custom Content Group, The Globe and Mail
- Sean Stanleigh - Editor, Report on Small Business, The Globe and Mail
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV