NEW YORK, March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) and Clean Edge, Inc. announced today the results of the semi-annual evaluation of the NASDAQ OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index (Nasdaq:QGRD), which will become effective with the market open today.
The following four securities will be added to the Index: Enphase Energy Inc (Nasdaq:ENPH), Pike Electric Corporation (NYSE:PIKE), PowerSecure International (Nasdaq:POWR) and Wasion Group Holdings LTD (HKSE:3393).
The index is designed to act as a transparent and liquid benchmark for the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. The index includes companies that are primarily engaged and involved in electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. The securities must also meet other eligibility criteria which include minimum requirements for market capitalization and average daily dollar trading volume. The NASDAQ OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index is evaluated semi-annually in March and September. For more information about the NASDAQ OMX Clean Edge Smart Grid Infrastructure Index, including detailed eligibility criteria, visit https://indexes.nasdaqomx.com/ .The First Trust NASDAQ ® Clean Edge ® Smart Grid Infrastructure Index Fund (Nasdaq:GRID), is an exchange traded fund that seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield, before the Fund's fees and expenses, of the NASDAQ OMX ® Clean Edge ® Smart Grid Infrastructure Index. As a result of the evaluation, the following security will be removed from the Index: Echelon Corporation (Nasdaq:ELON).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV