AVG Technologies (NYSE: AVG), the provider of Internet and mobile security to 146 million active users, today announced a new release of AVG® CloudCare™, the easy-to-use cloud based administration platform that allows remote deployment and management of IT and security services for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) at an affordable price.
Two important new service offerings are included in this latest AVG CloudCare release: the commercial edition of AVG Remote IT and AVG Email Security Services. These two capabilities join the award-winning AVG AntiVirus 2013 technology and AVG Content Filtering services in adding to the versatility of the AVG CloudCare platform, which has already been adopted by more than 1000 channel partners serving thousands of small businesses.
AVG Remote IT Service
The commercial release of AVG Remote IT service, previously available in beta, allows SMBs and reseller partners to remotely access and deploy services, and trouble-shoot a wide range of issues on client devices. Tasks can be performed remotely from any location, including many that are not AVG software specific— including resolving software issues and security fixes. Most importantly AVG is providing this essential capability for free.“AVG CloudCare has helped us to grow the number of customers we can serve from 0 to 350 in a very short period of time as well as service them more efficiently and cost-effectively,” said AVG reseller partner Kevin Landry of Advanced Micro Systems. “AVG Remote IT is a key enabler. It’s already saving us thousands of dollars a year by minimizing on-site support, while adding to our customer satisfaction.” AVG Email Security Services AVG also has added AVG Email Security Services to expand protection and enhance the simple-yet-powerful management features offered by the platform to establish safer, more efficient, and spam-free business emails. The new email security module includes:
- AVG AntiSpam, a comprehensive cloud-based protection program which is designed to protect against spam, viruses, phishing attacks, malware, denial of service (DoS) attacks, directory harvesting attacks (DHA), and other and other key email-borne threats.
- AVG Email Archive, a highly efficient email archive that provides powerful email search capabilities, simple email recovery to the user’s inbox, and web based access to the archive for business continuity.
- AVG Encrypted Email, automatically encrypts all inbox-to-inbox communication through a hosted, secure network to help the SMB’s comply more easily with industry regulations and protect sensitive information, including HIPAA, Financial Services, CIPA, UK NIN, and state data breach notification laws. Custom policies are also available to always encrypt email going “To:” a specific domain.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts