SAN JOSE, Calif., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) today announced its 28 nm Cyclone® V GT FPGA completed compliance testing with the PCI Express ® (PCIe ®) 2.0 specification. Available in production today, the Cyclone V GT FPGA is the industry's first low-cost, low-power FPGA to achieve PCIe 2.0 interoperability with data rates of 5 Gbps. The Cyclone V GT FPGA successfully passed all PCI-SIG ® compliance and interoperability tests at the most recent PCI-SIG workshop and is currently included on the PCI-SIG Integrators List. Cyclone V GT FPGAs provide developers a significant reduction in system costs and system power when developing PCIe Gen2-based applications compared to previously available FPGAs.
"Achieving PCIe Gen2 compliance with our Cyclone V GT FPGA marks another milestone in the successful rollout of our 28 nm Cyclone V FPGA family," said Sabrina Raza, senior product marketing manager at Altera. "Customers who need the system performance offered by PCIe Gen2 now have the ability to use a low-power FPGA and lower their total system costs. Leveraging our expertise in transceiver technology and our proficiency in developing PCIe design solutions, we allow customers to save a significant amount in system costs while not trading off on performance."
Cyclone V FPGAs feature integrated transceivers with data rates up to 5 Gbps and have two hardened PCIe IP blocks embedded within the device. The PCIe hard IP blocks enable developers to increase system performance and system functionality while boosting design team productivity. The PCIe 2.0-compliant hard IP blocks consists of the PHY/MAC, data link and transaction layers. The blocks can be configured to function as an end point or a root port and supports up to x4 lanes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV