ANN ARBOR, Mich., March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Advanced Photonix® (NYSE MKT: API), a leading supplier of Optoelectronic components, sub-systems and systems to industry, announced today that it has booked a $1,562,072 order to ship within the next 20 months. The order is for a custom photodiode used for the Navy's Guided Missile Systems. The Navy's Guided Missile Weapon System is the world's most modern ship self-defense weapon, and has been specifically designed to provide exceptional protection for ships of all sizes.
This Missile is a supersonic, light-weight, quick-reaction, fire-and-forget missile designed to destroy anti-ship missiles. Its autonomous dual-mode passive RF-to-IR guidance design, requiring no shipboard support after missile launch, uniquely provides high-firepower capability for engaging multiple threats simultaneously.
In commenting on the order,
Jean-Pierre Maufras, API's General Manager of the Optosolutions Group, said, "We are honored to have been awarded this contract. This missile program has been one of the Navy's most reliable missile guided systems and API is proud to continue to be a part of this successful endeavor. We have been continuously working with the OEM to improve the products and its reliability and we are delighted to see our hard work rewarded by this vote of confidence. This is an ongoing program and we are confident we will see additional business in the near future as we are well positioned to support our customer efforts spanning to 2020."
About Advanced Photonix, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV