SACRAMENTO, Calif., March 18, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aerojet, a GenCorp (NYSE: GY) company, announced today that its investment in Carlsbad-based company Unified Nexsys, Inc. closes the Series A funding round for the software startup.
Unified Nexsys manufactures software and hardware technologies that discover, configure and connect devices securely to Wide Area Network clients over any Internet Protocol-based networks. The streamlined configuration solutions enable real-time situational awareness, access and control across different user platforms and devices.
The strategic partnership will help drive Unified Nexsys' solutions into commercial markets as part of a defense commercialization project while Aerojet will continue to develop applications for the military and homeland security markets.Established in June 2012, Unified Nexsys delivers unique software applications to the education, public safety and healthcare markets. Leveraging a relationship with the Veterans Affairs Hospital in Palo Alto, Calif., the company has developed groundbreaking software for operating room procedures including data capture software to record and store procedure video; Virtual Microscopy to review specific pathologies, and a tool to stream and remotely share digital imagery. "Having a strategic partner such as Aerojet is unusual for a company of our size, but it is a testament to the quality and depth of the software that we have developed in the past," said Unified Nexsys Chief Executive Officer, Tom Baird. "We expect significant growth in commercial markets and we will leverage Aerojet's world-class reputation in the defense and homeland security space to gain additional share that will support and grow their core businesses."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV