OTTAWA, Ontario, Canada, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Magor Corporation (TSX Venture: MCC) today introduced Aerus, the next stage in the evolution of its market-leading visual collaboration product. Aerus extends Magor's peer-to-peer software architecture to the cloud, delivering a unique approach in cloud-based service platforms.
Magor's cloud-based Aerus platform enables people to engage collaboratively in high-quality visual conversations by simultaneously sharing, viewing and editing relevant material on desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, whiteboards and other devices.
With a scalable distributed server architecture that leverages switched video networking, Aerus is designed to solve limitations of traditional video conferencing implementations that use a centralized architecture and impose a "meet-me" model for all interactions with more than two locations for any type of environment – meeting room, desktop, mobile and more.Traditional bridge-based services also cannot scale easily and cost effectively to meet the needs of larger deployments that require support for a mix of mobile, desktop and room-based endpoints as well as for screen sharing and collaborative document editing. Aerus fulfills a forecast by Scott Morrison, an authoritative Gartner analyst. In an August 2012 report entitled "Market Trends: Videoconferencing, Worldwide, 2012," Morrison wrote: "Future demand for video infrastructure is predicated on far-reaching changes to the current architecture and commercialization of these solutions, from hardware to software and from capital investment to cloud-based delivery." Key characteristics of the Aerus platform include:
- Built around a highly flexible workflow model that does not impose a "meet-on-the -bridge" model for calls with more than two locations.
- Designed for clear, high-definition video over the Internet.
- Simple to deploy.
- Interoperable with SIP and H.323-based video-conferencing systems and bridges, consumer-based video conferencing clients, such as Skype, and WebRTC-enabled web browsers.
- Highly scalable in hosted or virtualized environments, enabling third-party Aerus service providers to support elasticity of user demand.
- Has API support over REST for use in custom designed solutions.
- Extends support for flexible payment models, such as monthly recurring charges.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV