), a leading supplier of advanced semiconductor and optical communications components, today announced that it will be showcasing its 100Gbps networking leadership at the upcoming OFC/NFOEC show with live demonstrations of its 100Gbps quad driver and TFPS™ modulator bundle and an Infiniband EDR chipset at GigOptix booth #3113, and several new product introductions.
At OFC/NFOEC booth #3113, GigOptix will showcase the following products and bundled solutions:
About the Linear Driver and Polymer Modulator Bundle
- GX62455: a high-performance 4x32Gbps Mach-Zhender Modulator (MZM) driver designed for 100Gbps DP-QPSK long-haul optical transmitters
- LX8240: a small footprint thin film polymer on silicon (TFPS™) modulator for long-haul 100Gbps DP-QPSK and ultra-long-haul 100Gbps coherent optical transponders
- GLX1411: bundle assembly containing the GX62455 directly connected to LX8240 with associated biasing circuitry for 100Gbps DP-QPSK applications
- HXT6204: a 4x28Gbps VCSEL driver designed for compact, low-power optical transmitter modules and AOCs
- HXR6204: a 4x28Gbps transimpedance amplifier (TIA) array designed for high capacity, optical telecom and datacom links and AOCs such as Infiniband EDR
GigOptix will demonstrate GLX1411 bundle solution reference system containing a GX62455 quad MZM driver and a LX8240 TFPS™ DP-QPSK modulator. The demonstration setup allows for eye diagram display on a sampling scope or for X and Y polarization observation via optical constellation analyzer. Josh Nakaska, Director of Marketing of the High-Speed Communications division stated, “Customer demand for the bundle solution has been very strong and we have received excellent customer feedback to date. The GX62455 and LX8240 bundled demonstration builds on our experience in dual channel drivers and TFPS™ polymer modulator technology for 100Gbps DP-QPSK. With the GLX1411, GigOptix continues to lead 100Gbps high-speed communications system deployments.”
Recently GigOptix has announced its partnership with Fraunhofer HHI to jointly develop a full production-worthy reference platform 100Gbps TOSA, based on the GigOptix LX8240 TFPS
DP-QPSK modulator chip, the Fraunhofer HHI Tunable Laser chip and the GigOptix GX62455 driver.
GigOptix is now shipping the GLX1411 reference systems to customers for evaluation of the bundled TFPS
modulator chip and the 100Gbps driver.
About the HXT6204/HXR6204 Chipset
GigOptix will have on display a second generation 28Gbps quad channel silicon chipset, VCSEL driver and TIA. The HXT6204 is a 4x28Gbps transmitter specifically designed for short reach VCSEL-based AOCs, and the HXR6204 is a 4x28Gbps receiver to complete the link with customer photo detectors. The demonstration setup includes ribbon fiber pig-tailing to complete the optical link between transmit and receive evaluation boards. “The HXT6204 and HXR6204 transmitter and receiver chipset opens the door for high-data rate 4-channel 28Gbps VCSEL applications. The HXT/R6204 chipset leverages on our previously demonstrated 25Gbps HXT5204 and HXR5204 devices with performance improvements. The HXT6204 and HXR6204 enable Infiniband EDR AOC links and can also be used in HPC VSR links,” said Martin Bossard, GigOptix's Director of Engineering and General Manager for GigOptix-Helix AG.