SAN FRANCISCO, March 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AppDynamics, Inc., the next-generation application performance management solution that simplifies the management of complex apps, today announced that it has extended support for its groundbreaking application performance management (APM) solution to the PHP platform.
Monitoring applications in the enterprise is extraordinarily difficult for Operations and Development teams: most monitoring tools on the market don't scale, or they're too complex and cumbersome to use in agile production environments. AppDynamics has disrupted the APM industry with a solution that's easy to use, but powerful enough to resolve critical performance issues in the most complicated app environments on the planet. By extending its application management support beyond Java and .NET to include PHP, AppDynamics now owns the leadership position in regards to the three application stacks most widely used in enterprise-level organizations.
AppDynamics for PHP will enable Operations and Development teams to focus on the performance of business transactions and user requests when monitoring their application, rather than analyzing primitive server metrics such as CPU, memory, or Disk I/O. For example, if a user makes a "payment" on an e-commerce website, AppDynamics will learn the baseline performance of that transaction and trigger alerts to application support teams when transaction performance deviates from its historical norm. This approach to application performance management is used by enterprise customers of AppDynamics worldwide including Netflix, ExactTarget, Cablevision, Fox News and Expedia.
AppDynamics for PHP is set apart by its ability to:
- Auto-Discover: Application tier dependencies and business transactions (user requests)
- Self-Learn: Performance of every business transaction so baselines and alerts are accurate
- Trace Transactions: Across application tiers including databases and 3rd party web services
- Deep-Dive Diagnostics: AppDynamics offers complete code-level visibility into the performance of slow and stalled Business Transactions, which can reduce Mean-Time-to-Resolution by up to 90%.
- Drive User Adoption: AppDynamics' intuitive user interface makes it easy for Dev, Ops, and line-of-business user to learn, use and collaborate.