Majesco Entertainment Company Stock Downgraded (COOL)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last year. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO reported lower earnings of $0.11 versus $0.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 190.9% in earnings (-$0.10 versus $0.11).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 127.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $7.73 million to -$2.14 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -9.12% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $8.79 million or 6.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow MAJESCO ENTERTAINMENT CO is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.51%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
It's Official: Action Alerts PLUS beats the S&P 500 with Dividends Reinvested! Cramer and Link were up 16.72% in 2012. Were you? See what they are trading for 14-days FREE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV