ROMULUS, Mich. -- Two Southwest Airlines (LUV) planes struck each other while leaving adjacent gates at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.
Southwest spokesman Chris Mainz says no one was hurt when the planes' winglets collided Saturday morning.
Both jets returned to their gates, and all passengers and crew got off.
According to Mainz, initial inspections show that neither aircraft sustained substantial damage, but each has been removed from service for further inspection and repair.Southwest says it's accommodating customers on other flights out of Detroit. Flight 3660 was to go from Detroit to Denver and was carrying 85 passengers and five crew members. Flight 2005 was scheduled to take 38 passengers and five crew members from Detroit to St. Louis. The collision first was reported by WXYZ-TV.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV