Space Station Astronauts Land Safely In Kazakhstan
HOUSTON, March 16, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Three members of the Expedition 34 crew undocked from the International Space Station and returned safely to Earth on Friday, wrapping up a mission lasting more than four and a half months. Expedition 35 now is under way.
Station Commander Kevin Ford of NASA and Soyuz Commander Evgeny Tarelkin and Flight Engineer Oleg Novitskiy of the Russian Federal Space Agency undocked their Soyuz TMA-06M spacecraft from the space station at 6:43 p.m. CDT and landed northeast of Arkalyk, Kazakhstan, at about 10:10 p.m. ( 9:10 a.m., March 16, Kazakh time). The trio arrived at the station Oct. 25, 2012, and spent 144 days in space, 142 of which were aboard the orbiting laboratory.
Canadian Space Agency astronaut Chris Hadfield is in command of Expedition 35. He is the first Canadian to serve as station commander. Hadfield and his crewmates, Tom Marshburn of NASA and Russian cosmonaut Roman Romanenko will work aboard the station until three additional crew members, including NASA astronaut Chris Cassidy, arrive in late March.Ford, Tarelkin, and Novitskiy orbited Earth 2,304 times and traveled almost 61 million miles. To follow Twitter updates from NASA's Expedition 35 astronauts, visit: http://twitter.com/AstroMarshburn and http://twitter.com/Cmdr_Hadfield For more information about the International Space Station and its crew, visit: http://www.nasa.gov/station SOURCE NASA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV